The Grand Junction Downtown Creative District is the heart of the creative community in Western Colorado. Artists, galleries, venues, and educators help make downtown a vibrant and engaging destination. To help keep the creative district vibrant, we are offering a series of micro grants specifically for the creative community. This grant program is funded by the Colorado Creative Industries to help offset the impacts of COVID-19.
Grants range between $250 – $1,000
Project funding will be awarded up to $1,000.
To make this program as impactful as possible, funding is available to:
- Galleries, artists, makers, creators, musicians, performers, teachers, and creatives in all
- Small locally owned businesses such as coffee houses, bars, restaurants, and venues that
- demonstrate a commitment to the arts
- To be eligible, grant recipients must live in Mesa County
To apply, please include:
- Digital portfolio link or business url
- Short letter detailing what project you create with the grant and how it supports the Creative District and Downtown Grand Junction
The Creative District requests that grant recipients use the award for a project that supports the Creative District and Downtown Grand Junction community. Please apply with integrity, and respect the spirit, as well as the letter of these requirements. Funds are not intended to be used for general operating costs.
Examples of potential projects include:
- Hosting a virtual or pop up art gallery
- Hosting a First Friday event
- Publishing a Creative District ‘Zine
- Printing limited edition screen prints
- Hosting an art activity or workshop
- Installing a public art piece
- And more!
The Creative District acknowledges some potential projects will require coordination with community partners. We will accommodate projects within reason.
Applications are being accepted May 6 – May 31, 2020.
Applications will be reviewed and selected by the Creative District committee. Funds will be distributed within 30 to 40 days of selection. An application doesn’t guarantee funding. Funded projects are expected to be completed by December 31, 2020.
Grant recipients will also be featured on the new Creative District website and social media accounts.
Reservation of Full Discretion
The Grand Junction Downtown Creative District reserves the right to accept, award, reject, and/or not to grant any and all grant applications. Nothing in this program obligates the Creative District to select specific grant applications or any applications at all. Applicants and awardees, not the Creative District, shall be solely responsible for determining applicants’ or awardees’ tax status and tax implications of applicants’ receipt of grant funds as well as any and all required local, state and federal tax reporting and payment.